NZ4WD Hire Insurance Overview
- All NZ4WD Hire vehicles have insurance cover which is included in the daily rate quoted
- This is referred to as our “risk taker cover” or ''standard insurance cover.”
- All pricing includes GST (New Zealand Goods and Services tax)
- The standard excess for all vehicles is $2500.00 including GST
- For customers less than 25 years of age an additional loading on the excess amount of $300.00 including GST applies
- For customers less than 21 years of age and any driver who holds a restricted licence, an additional loading on the excess amount of $800.00 including GST applies
Reduction Options are available from all 3 locations however may differ depending on the location, length of hire and the vehicle being hired. Please select your dates through the date picker on the home page and you will see all vehicle options, insurance options and additional extras.
Bond / Security Requirements
At all times a Bond is required for security over any vehicle being hired, whether this is in the form of a Credit Card or Cash it is up to the vehicle owners discretion
When the Stress Free Insurance Liability Reduction option is chosen this does not change the fact a Security Bond is required to be held
The hirer may have a zero rated excess however security over the vehicle itself must be held. This is called “the bond”
Simply - No Security Bond = No Rental Vehicle
Under Age Loading
If additional drivers details on the agreement have age variances e.g. < 25 years or < 21 years and/or hold a restricted licence, then show the correct applicable loading amount , < 25 years $300.00, < 21 years and/or hold a restricted licence $800.00 including GST
In the event of an accident a claim form must be completed by the hirer or listed driver and handed back to a NZ4WD Hire agent. In the event of a single vehicle accident, misjudgement of dimension, wilful damage, reckless or careless driving the full excess may apply. Restricted and International drivers must meet and abide by the rules of their licence at all times.
Our Insurance must be read in conjunction with the Standard Terms and Conditions. Refer to clause 11 Insurance and Hirer's Liability.